Type of vacancy: Employed
Corbenic Camphill Community was established in 1978 situated in Strathbraan in Perthshire, 4 miles from the town of Dunkeld. Comprising of 120 people which includes 38 adults with learning difficulties, volunteers and employees. Within the Community there are 7 households, each with 6 adults with learning disabilities, 2 house co-ordinators and 5 co-workers. We have a variety of Therapeutic Workshops such as bakery, craft, pottery, woodwork, biodynamic gardening, candle-making, estate work, and a farm.
House Co-ordinator (Full-Time)
We are looking for an individual to be responsible for the wellbeing and development of residents, the day to day running of the household and to take an active interest in issues regarding the whole community. Please note that this is a 40 hour post, including shift and weekend work which requires flexibility.
- To be responsible for the safety and welfare of all living and working in the household.
- To support and supervise the foundation students living and working in the household.
- To co-ordinate the daily living arrangements in the household and to ensure that all aspects of the care provided in the household comply with the standards agreed by the Community in accordance with best professional residential care practice.
- To be responsible for the management of the finances of the household and, as appropriate, to assist residents in the handling of their money.
- To liaise with workshop leaders to ensure that individuals’ needs are met within their work environment.
- To identify and ensure that the training needs of foundation students are met.
- To uphold and contribute to the social/therapeutic impulse, as part of the Camphill philosophy. To be present and actively participate in the annual festivals.
- Experience of care or support is a minimum requirement.
- Care qualifications at SVQ level 2, SVQ Level 3 or equivalent or alternatively being committed to training for this qualification.
- Driving Licence Required.
Further information & How to apply
Salary: starting at £23,774
Closing Date for Applications: 21st November 2019 (5pm)
For further details and application forms: Please email Emma Close at firstname.lastname@example.org or call her on: 01350 723206
Visit our website for more informationBack to all vacancies