Type of vacancy: Employed
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the Corbenic Community as a Therapeutic Workshop Leader for the Farm. Corbenic is a dynamic community providing support for people with learning disabilities and is situated in a beautiful location near Dunkeld.
The purpose of the Therapeutic Workshop Leader (Farm) is to provide meaningful work opportunities for residents and day participant (beyond current COVID restrictions) in a variety of arable and pastural farming practices.
The role is varied, with an expectation to provide support across a range of indoor and outdoor farm-related workshop activities, contributing to sustainable and environmentally aware land management. This work will be carried out in a collaborative way, supporting, and being supported by the other land-based workshops including Estate, Garden, and Horses.
It should be noted that the Farm is undergoing development at present and work will be carried out with The Land Group, The Environmental Group and Corbenic Management Team to establish a clear development plan for how the farm will develop and land used going forward. The farm remains central to Corbenic and it is expected that these developments will be to enhance farming practice and to bring the farm into line with sustainable, organic, and bio-dynamic land management practices.
In Corbenic mutual respect and concern for the dignity of each person are actively fostered. Individuals are encouraged to contribute as much as possible to the life of the Community. Residents and Day Participants work side by side with voluntary co-workers from around the world and an experienced staff team. As a community we place a high value on the environment, working to meet organic and bio-dynamic standards to ensure that land is cared for in the most environmentally conscious way.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience in arable and pastural farming practices.
- Experience in land management preferably with awareness of environmental issues, organic and biodynamic practices.
- Experience in providing care and support to people with learning disabilities, preferably with relevant qualifications.
- The experience, or capacity to learn, how to use farm equipment safely (e.g. ability to use the Tractor and tow a trailer).
- The ability to meet the physical demands of the role.
- Experience leading teams and ability to work effectively within teams.
- Willingness to work collaboratively with the other landbased teams.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Willingness to work to organic & bio-dynamic standards.
- Willingness to participate in training relevant to the post.
- Willingness to work under their own initiative, taking ownership and responsibility for their role.
- To be/become part of the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) scheme and register with the SSSC.
- A driving license.
- Full details
- Application form
- Salary: £ 23,774 per annum
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Hours: 40hrs per week,
- Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm
- Application Form & Job Description Available on request from: email@example.com, tel: 01350 723206
- Closing Date: Wednesday 9th December
- (Interviews will be held via Skype or Zoom week beginning 14th December)