Type of vacancy: Employed
Tiphereth has an exciting opportunity for an experienced support worker to develop in a new post of Deputy Team Leader in our Pentland Group. You would mainly be working to support adults with learning disabilities and autism to participate in the work of the group which focuses on woodwork, green woodwork, basketry and grounds maintenance. In addition you would work closely with the Team Leader and carry some delegated management responsibilities to ensure good working practices and high standards of care are maintained.
A minimum of 3 years experience of support work with adults with learning disabilities is essential, along with a positive, flexible and proactive approach and a full driving licence.
Tiphereth is a Camphill community in Edinburgh which provides supported accommodation, social enterprises and day services for adults with learning disabilities and other support needs. Our approach recognises the uniqueness and gifts of each individual, and the importance of meaningful work in supportive and therapeutic environments within which people are valued, develop skills, make a positive contribution and make friends.
- Competitive terms and conditions including 36 days holidays
- Excellent continuous professional development opportunities
- Opportunity to contribute to a growing service
- Beautiful work setting on the edge of the Pentland Hills
- Opportunity to belong to a Camphill community which has residential houses, supported living, and social enterprises alongside a thriving day service.
- Visit our website for full details are available or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Salary £ 21,691.80 rising to £23,587.20 over 6 years
- Full-time, 5 days, Monday to Friday
- Closing date: 9am Wednesday 4th December
- Interviews held on 9th December 2019