Type of vacancy: Local
Corbenic is a Camphill Community, in which individuals with a variety of social, emotional, intellectual and learning disabilities live and work with others in healthy social relationships, based on mutual care and respect. Out of this respect for the uniqueness of each human being, Corbenic strives to foster social and cultural well-being through mutual support and community building.
Corbenic promotes ‘citizenship’ of all those involved in its activities. It believes that development, participation and the ability to contribute creates a healthy sense of belonging and purpose that promotes well-being. We are active members of both Camphill Scotland and the Association of Camphill Communities.
Opportunity to join Board of Trustees
We are currently recruiting to fill places on our Board of Trustees, and would welcome expressions of interest from people, from all backgrounds, to oversee and be accountable for our work.
If you have an understanding of organisational planning and development and an awareness of charity law and third sector policy, we’d like to hear from you. We’d particularly appreciate interest from people with business, HR, and/or property experience and/or legal expertise.
To enable Corbenic to meet its aims, trustees perform the following functions:
- Set and maintain the vision, mission and values of the organisation.
- Develop direction, strategy and planning.
- Ensure the organisation has the structure and resources for its work.
- Establish policies and procedures to govern organisational activity, including guidance for the board, volunteers and staff.
- Establish systems for reporting and monitoring.
- Manage risk and ensure compliance and accountability with the memorandum of association, external regulators and the law.
- Make certain that the financial affairs of the organisation are conducted properly and are accurately reported.
How to apply
- Please complete this application form and email it to Colum Pooler at firstname.lastname@example.org
- To arrange an informal conversation and tour of Corbenic please call Colum or Betty on 01350 723206