About the community
Camphill School Aberdeen is an independent charity supporting children and young people – many with additional support needs – to reach their fullest potential. Together, we are a community of around 400 people.
Our students take part in a rewarding variety of activities, including:
- education, including SVQ qualifications
- craft, land-based and practical workshops, including weaving, gardening, woodwork and bike maintenance
- therapies, including speech, art and horse riding
- day trips to places of interest
- opportunities to explore the Scottish hills as part of the Duke of Edinburgh’s Award
- household activities, including cooking and cleaning
- social gatherings and events, including Easter egg hunts and Halloween parties
- and much, much more!
We offer day and residential placements for young people up to the age of 25, each with an individually tailored programme to meet their needs.
Based on three campuses surrounded by peaceful woodlands in the suburbs of Aberdeen, each young person is provided with opportunities to learn and take part in meaningful activities, to grow their skills, confidence, independence and friendships in a safe and homely environment. Students can feel a sense of belonging and purpose here, and this will stand them in good stead to lead happy and healthy lives, now and into adulthood.
How to donate
You can donate direct to Camphill School Aberdeen via their Virgin MoneyGiving page.