Type of vacancy: Employed
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the Corbenic team as a Workshop & Day Service Assistant. Corbenic is a dynamic community providing support for people with learning disabilities and situated in a beautiful location near Dunkeld. Our day service is based around a variety of workshops providing meaningful work opportunities and experiences.
The day service and workshop assistant role is varied, with an expectation to provide support across a range of indoor and outdoor workshops. The role also entails working alone to provide support and cover for day participants as they arrive in the morning and during lunch.
In Corbenic mutual respect and concern for the dignity of each person are actively fostered. Individuals are encouraged to contribute as much as possible to the life of the Community. Residents and Day Participants work side by side with voluntary co-workers from around the world and an experienced staff team.
At Corbenic, work is seen as an important part of people’s lives, helping develop people’s full potential and bring out their sense of responsibility and dignity.
The Successful Candidate
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience in providing care and support to people with learning disabilities.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Willingness to work in a team and to participate in a range of indoor and outdoor workshops and activities.
- Willingness to participate in training relevant to the post.
- Willingness to work under their own initiative, taking ownership and responsibility for their role.
Salary: £18,720 per annum
Hours: 40hrs/week, Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm
How to apply: Contact email@example.com or tel: 01350 723206 to request an application form & job description
Closing Date: 28th March 2019
Interview date: Week beginning 8th April 2019Back to all vacancies