Type of vacancy: Employed
Corbenic Camphill Community is situated in Strathbraan in Perthshire, Scotland, four miles from the town of Dunkeld. The Community was established in June 1978, and is set in 100 acres of land.
At present, the Community is comprised of 120 people which includes 38 adults with learning difficulties, volunteers and employees. Within the Community there are seven households, each household is home to approximately six adults with learning disabilities, two house co-ordinators and five co-workers. We have a variety of Therapeutic Workshops such as bakery, craft, pottery, woodwork, biodynamic gardening, candle-making, estate work, and a farm.
We are looking for an individual to provide high quality social care for a small group of our residents as a Senior Support Worker. In addition, to assist in the day-to-day running of the household. This is a 40 hour post to include shift work and weekends.
- To develop and sustain a warm and trusting relationship with the resident.
- To promote self-esteem, happiness and emotional health of resident.
- To encourage and support resident in expressing their needs, views and concerns. To enable the resident to make choices and decisions to enable them to participate as fully as possible in planning and decision making.
- To provide verbal and written reports to colleagues.
- To carry out any administration or recording duties.
- To attend and contribute to reviews and attend any necessary meetings.
- To comply with policies and procedures.
Salary: £19,825 per annum
- Experience of care or support is a minimum requirement.
- Care qualifications at SVQ level 2, SVQ Level 3 or equivalent or alternatively being committed to training for this qualification.
Closing Date: 1st April 2019
For further details and application forms please email Emma Close at firstname.lastname@example.org www.corbeniccamphill.co.ukBack to all vacancies