Type of vacancy: Employed
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the Corbenic Community as a Therapeutic Workshop Leader in our Bakery Team. Corbenic is a dynamic community providing support for people with learning disabilities and is situated in a beautiful location near Dunkeld. The Bakery Team is comprised of residents, day participants, and volunteers and is led by the Workshop Leader. The Workshop Leader provides a therapeutic environment and promotes participation and engagement in the bakery process for all involved.
The Bakery Team provides quality organic bread and confectionery products for the Corbenic Community as well as a range of bakery products for sale to the public through The Corbenic Shop.
In Corbenic mutual respect and concern for the dignity of each person are actively fostered. Individuals are encouraged to contribute as much as possible to the life of the Community. Residents and Day Participants work side by side with voluntary co-workers from around the world and an experienced staff team.
The Successful Candidate
The successful candidate will:
- Have experience of baking to a high standard and in running a busy bakery.
- Have experience in providing care and support to people with learning disabilities, preferably with qualifications in this area.
- Be innovative and self-motivated.
- Have experience in leading and motivating teams.
- Have good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Be willing to work professionally and as part of a wider team providing the highest quality care and support.
- Be willing to participate in training relevant to the post.
- Be willing to work under their own initiative, taking ownership and responsibility for their role.
Salary: £23,774 per annum (+6% employer’s pension contribution)
Hours: 40hrs/week, Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm
Application Form & Job Description Available on request from: firstname.lastname@example.org, tel: 01350 723206
Closing Date: Completed application forms should be submitted by Tuesday 20th August 2019
Interviews: Interviews will be held week beginning 26th August 2019Back to all vacancies